Photo by Stephanie Yantz Photography, California

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

+ Size Bride

I'm proud to be +size, and I don't know why everyone seems to have a problem with it. Asians can be very narrow minded when it comes to body image; apparently only skinny is beautiful. Huff! Honestly, I rather keep the curves and bumps thank you very much. But wedding gown shopping was very daunting for me personally; especially if you want to get it off the rack. In the current Malaysian market, most of the bridal shops or even designer labels are catered for the typical Chinese gal (read: super svelte, no space for cleavage,) or for the Malays (read: some horrendous gaudy purple fru fru looking thing.) Simply ghastly. Obviously am stereotyping, but let's put it this way anything that goes beyond size 10, the cuts and designs all look like gunny sacks k.
One of my bosses asked when I was busy with my own wedding planing; "Gal, are you dieting, like all brides-to-be tend to do?" I simply replied with a cheeky smile, "I don't try to squeeze into a dress. The dress fits me." :)  
So, brides-to-be don't be disheartened and be all  hung-up on your figures. All brides look beautiful on their actual day and it's your great sense of  confidence that will bring that inner glow, make the guests gasp in awe especially your hubby-to-be.
 

Photo taken by Joshua K, InLight Photos



No comments:

Post a Comment